August 17, 2015:
It’s scorchingly hot today and probably even hotter in Sacramento than at my Martinez office. Nevertheless, Governor Brown was busy today signing the following employment law bills:
- AB 359 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Grocery workers.
- AB 705 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) – Psychologists: licensure exemption.
- AB 1093 by Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) – Public safety: supervised population workforce training: grant program.
- AB 1245 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Unemployment insurance: electronic reporting and funds transfers.
- AB 1291 by Assemblymember Das G. Williams (D-Santa Barbara) – The County Employees Retirement Law of 1937.
- AB 1514 by the Committee on Insurance – Employment Development Department: training benefits: reports.